Friday 12 May 2017

Things I wish I had known about pregnancy!

As most of you know, I am 21 weeks (and 3 days) pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and so far it has been, well it has been hell to be honest. All I see online is amazing, smooth pregnancies and I didn't realise it was possible to be THIS ILL and the doctors able to do absolutely nothing. So I thought I would do a little list (you know I love a good list) about the things that I really wish someone had told me before I got pregnant.

Firstly, morning sickness sucks. I have HG which is severe morning sickness. I spent around 15 weeks throwing up every 15 minutes, every day. Food helped sometimes, but then I'd end up throwing it up later anyway. I lost over a stone in the first few weeks of my pregnancy, it was scary and they kept telling me it would pass, but HG doesn't pass. It can ease after around 20 weeks. But sometimes it can last until after you have given birth. I tried 5 different types of anti-sickness tablets before finding some that worked for me.

Another illness based one,  your immune system gets so so shit. I get ill a lot anyway, but there are only a handful of drugs you're allowed to take while pregnant. So instead of taking some cough medicine and having a slight cold for a few days, it will drag and basically feel like it is trying to kill you. I have developed anaemia while pregnant because I've been so ill, so that's another thing to possibly look forward to!

It won't feel real for a while, and you will forget you are pregnant sometimes. Even with my bump I sometimes wake up and forget I'm pregnant - until I attempt to sit up! Sometimes I feel like I have a full grown child ready for me to cuddle and to mother, and other times I realise it's just a tiny mini baby that couldn't even survive without me yet. It's a really strange confusing feeling that can't be explained unless you feel it.

Baby stuff is SO EXPENSIVE. I mean the clothes are so tiny, there is basically no material so how are some places selling a top for £10+?! My favourite places for baby clothes so far have been F&F, George (ASDA) and Primark. Especially as baby will only get to wear each but a handful of times, and probably cover it in wee/poo/vomit/some terrible substance! I'm not even going to get started on furniture and prams, but having a baby costs A LOT. Like I said, all made that but more annoying as most of the stuff is just mini versions for the same price/more expensive.

Weird feelings will happen a lot. You hear about the standard stretching of skin and painful boobs. But people don't tell you that you will be SO HOT. I mean like fever kind of sweating hot, in the middle of winter with the windows open or stomach pain when I try to walk, I don't want to walk anyway because I'm so damn tired, don't make this worse for me. And why the hell are my boobs so itchy, they don't hurt, they are just so damn itchy.

I think I'm going to leave this post here for now, I may do a part 2 at some point because there are still loads of points in my brain haha! Let me know if you're pregnant/have been and what you wish you'd known before!

Bex Renshaw. 
Twitter : @bexrenshaw
Instagram : @bex_renshaw
YouTube : www.youtube.com/bexrenshaw
Website : www.bexrenshaw.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh God my sister was telling me about baby clothes she bought tiny ones and didn't have that many in a bigger size, turned out the baby fit into 1 month old clothes as soon as she was born! Looking forward to a part 2!

    ReplyDelete